I was honored to be able to present on one of my newly-favorite topics tonight to the Nebraska CF User Group: CommandBox CLI, REPL, and Package Manager. CommandBox is a brand new tool and unequaled in the CFML world. It has the potential to really bring CFML devs up to speed with the kinds of tooling and automation that other platforms enjoy if people really embrace it and help build the community it needs to thrive.
I had a wonderful time showing off cool features and answering great questions with the group and others who joined online. I've also had this topic selected to present at CF Summit this year so I'm soliciting feedback (good or bad) on the slides, demos, or presentation style to help me tighten up my talk some more before CF Summit.
Recording URL 1hr 30min:
Links from the presentation:
- Download CommandBox http://www.ortussolutions.com/products/commandbox
- Source Code https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/commandbox
- Forgebox http://www.coldbox.org/forgeBox
- Sample App w/Dependencies https://github.com/bdw429s/ColdBox-Dependency-Sample-App
- Command API Docs http://apidocs.ortussolutions.com/commandbox/1.0.0/index.html
- Usage Docs https://www.ortussolutions.com/products/commandbox/docs/current
- Google Group https://groups.google.com/a/ortussolutions.com/forum/#!forum/commandbox
- Training http://www.ortussolutions.com/services/Training
- Professional Support http://www.ortussolutions.com/services/support